• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iworks or office.mac ?

Reaction score
just curious... which do you guys prefer? prefrably ppl who have used both so they can compare...

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
pages feels like its missing something so I only use it for its templates at times.

Office just bugs me.

I use openoffice.org and AppleWorks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Graphite said:
pages feels like its missing something so I only use it for its templates at times.

Office just bugs me.

I use openoffice.org and AppleWorks.

ahhh... I remember openoffice... reminds me of my linux days :D

Reaction score
Office is slow under Rosetta IMO, but if it was universal, I would use it. I just use NeoOffice right now. I haven't had much use for a word processor on my personal computer since I got out of school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
taseal said:
ahhh... I remember openoffice... reminds me of my linux days :D

yeah NeoOffice is the native mac version as someone has said... if you don't like openoffice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i like office for mac just because i am used to it and needed compatibility while i was at schoool.....also, it tastes great
-chris

OP
T
Reaction score
from what microsfot's website says, it runs just as fast with rosetta

Reaction score
I would go with Microsoft Office for compatibility and its better if you can afford the $150. Or you can use OpenOffice, it would still be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OpenOffice is the same for compatibility :Biohazard or atleast I havn't had any trouble going from office to openoffice or the otherway around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Graphite said:
OpenOffice is the same for compatibility :Biohazard or atleast I havn't had any trouble going from office to openoffice or the otherway around.

i have never had problems with going from one program to the other, it was just a PITA to me to have to save the files in different formats so i could go to the computer lab, send a file to a friend, or whatever i needed to do...i was also, while at school, doing this to about 10 office documents a day
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.