networking problems (linksys)

E

excel

Hey everyone!

Well i bought a linksys wireless G (speedboost) and a network card (linksys w/speedboost). I manage the router with my imac, and when I first set up the router I could get connected to the internet with my laptop without turning on my mac, now in order for me to get connected to the internet with my laptop I need to turn my imac on, is there a way to fix this? after I turn on the imac and the laptop connects I can turn off the imac and I can still use the internet now problems, oh and I noticed this problem after I set up printer sharing. Please can someone help! I don't want to have to turn on my imac ever time I want to use my laptop! Thanks

OP
J

JimmyHat

There shouldn't be any connection between your linksys and laptop that requires your iMac to be powered on.

Try disconnecting your iMac entirely and see if this changes anything. Reset your linksys. Check your wiring configuration. This just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.