please help. slow downloading

K

kjetil

hi. can anyone please help me? ive been trying to download torrentfiles from piratebay. Leagel ofcourse
But it is VERY slow. It hasent gotten a film through in days. what do i do?
I am new to this. is there something with my firewall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
many ISP's are throttling torrent and P2P programs so speed drops below 5KB (rogers canada is one i know for sure does this) , so your likely out of luck, or find a new torrent client that has encryption.

P.S - it is not good to advertise you are downloading illegal content, which i will assume you are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
What is the Seeder/Leecher ratio? Seeders are people who have the whole file and are sharing, leechers are people who are downloading but aren't sharing the whole file.

I also find that TPB is slow even when there is a good seeder/leecher ratio. I think this is due to where the trackers are located. TBP is a scandinavian site so I assume their servers are also in that area.

Also make sure that if you are using a router, you set up port forwarding for the ports that your torrent client uses.

What films are you trying to download? Are you SURE they are legal? Other sites may provide a better tracker, but seriously, only download legal stuff, or 'grey areas'. A grey area is something like TV shows, which I think is perfectly fine, you could use a tivo or VCR to record, so why is a torrent d/l bad? But to download the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie or Superman, etc, is ILLEGAL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Also, how many items are you trying to download at once also? if you have like 50 things que'd up, torrents kills connections easily with the constant in and out data, most torrent tend to bring consumer routers to their knees.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.