QWERT is dead?

C

Czymra

Hey there,

i just washed my BT Keyboard and now QWERT is dead. No response what so ever. Of course I need these for my password so I cannot access my computer right now at all.
I just washed off the keys in a water bowl and put them in after having dried them. Of course there might have been some water left but I dont think anything is supposed to burn through with a battery driven keyboard.
How about any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Let the keyboard dry for 24 hours or so....

OP
C

Czymra

I took it totally apart now but it doesnt feel wet at all. The contacts just wont make well... contact.

But hey! There is water between the two layers of the lower foil. How do I get that one out now?

Reaction score
just make sure the keys are securely pressed onto their pogs. Leve the keayboard to dry for 24 hours. helped me when it rained throught the window once and I had dried everything and still nothing worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
At the risk of sounding trite... what was the reason you took apart your keyboard again?
I can see if you aboslutely had to, like a spill or something.... but to take it apart for cleaning? Seems a little bit extreme and unncessary to me, that's all.
It is very possible that in dismantling the keyboard you damaged connections for the keys. One reason why I avoid doing something like this, no matter how careful you think you are being, even the best of us can screw something like that up.

OP
C

Czymra

D3v1L80Y said:
At the risk of sounding trite... what was the reason you took apart your keyboard again?
I can see if you aboslutely had to, like a spill or something.... but to take it apart for cleaning? Seems a little bit extreme and unncessary to me, that's all.
It is very possible that in dismantling the keyboard you damaged connections for the keys. One reason why I avoid doing something like this, no matter how careful you think you are being, even the best of us can screw something like that up.

I did not take it apart. I just popped off the keys and washed them. They just were a bit wet when I plugged them back in. I didn't think that a battery driven thing could get trashed by that bit of humidity.
Oh well. It's done for.
Any suggestions for a new keyboard? I hate the Microsoft Curve Thing I am typing on right now. Cranmp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Logitech, Microsoft or Apple. Though I have not used an Apple Keyboard except at shops it seemed quite good.

Microsoft and Logitech keyboards get good reviews. Why not go to a shop and try some out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Put it upside down on a dry surface for a day or two and see how it goes...

OP
C

Czymra

Marl Huss said:
Logitech, Microsoft or Apple. Though I have not used an Apple Keyboard except at shops it seemed quite good.

Microsoft and Logitech keyboards get good reviews. Why not go to a shop and try some out?

I was in a store. They all look cheap or do not support Mac or do not even have USB. I think I have to get something online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.