Dock Problems

P

Phileeeeeeep

Hi, I have had this iMac 17in for about a year now and it has run solid as a rock untill today. I came home from work and my dock has dissapeared? I have searched a little bit and found some information about other problems like this but I cant seem to get this to work. The dock is not the only thing that Im not able to access, I can not access my dashboard, I can not restart, shut down, or log off my account with out holding the power button, plus a few more things.... Has anyone had this problem before? If so could someone help me shed some light onto this problem?

OP
P

Phileeeeeeep

I went threw all of those steps and still the dock does not appear. Any other sugestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
haven't gone through Devilboy's thread yet, plists maybe? Trashing the preferences here: User>Library>Preferences>com.apple.dock.plist

Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Would you mind reformatting and reinstalling OS X? Before doing that, try repairing Disk Permissions first.

If nothing works, then reformat. If you do that, you'll have to back up important files, etc. I know, reformatting isn't everyone's most favorite solution, but it's my only solution. =P

OP
P

Phileeeeeeep

I have already trashed the com.apple.dock.plist file and still no luck.

OP
P

Phileeeeeeep

Yeah...reformatting looks like my only option..nothing is working! Thanks for the advice any other sugestions are greatly apriciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Phileeeeeeep said:
Reformatted and back up and running! thanks guys.

Sometimes the last resort works the best. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Yeah, start off fresh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.