• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mighty Mouse finally goes wireless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Hopefully.

If only this had come out before I got my wired Mighty Mouse.

mighty_mouse_bt.jpg

Reaction score
Well sweet, but... i dunno. That stupid internal speaker will suck the battery.

I'm on wires since 5 months now and I don't like wireless because of battery issues, but wireless is so much cleaner... gah i can't decide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Thats cool, the one thing I dont like about the mighty mouse is that the scroll ball is way to small for my hands. If they could make that bigger and fix the side buttons, I think it would be a really good mouse, but having it wireless sure helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
I've been wanting one of these since the Mighty Mouse came out. If it's real I'm very excited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
Tease!

I thought it was a real product available now. The wireless mouse is beautiful, and I could not ask for a better looking desktop (bluetooth iPod would be ideal) but as a switcher, I am used to doing so much without having to touch the keyboard. CTRL-click works, but I would love to have a context button on my one button mouse.

Reaction score
wonder when its coming out?

I love the right click feature on that mouse, but you really have to press the top of hte mouse to get it... I hope they fix some of the lil things with that mouse... then i'll sure get it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I cannot understand why they do not just have to seperate buttons like the Microsoft mouses for Mac. Still I guess its what make apples mouses different.

Nice mouse though, I might not have a Mac yet but from the times of tried it, it seemed very nice and quite functional.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
PunkRockTuba said:
Thats cool, the one thing I dont like about the mighty mouse is that the scroll ball is way to small for my hands. If they could make that bigger and fix the side buttons, I think it would be a really good mouse, but having it wireless sure helps.

True, I have big hands so it may be a problem but I have never tryed it. It also may just be the pic.

I.E. I never knew wireless uses batterys I always thought there was an adapter kind of thing that goes into the PS/2 or USB port and it just goes like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I just got a corded mighty mouse. I just hope they make the scroll ball a little more substantial.

Reaction score
I dont mind the scroll thingy.... just a light touch will move it down or up doesnt need to be too big... maybe a mm would help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
yogi said:
That stupid internal speaker will suck the battery.

What?

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this. First I bought the bluetooth mouse but couldn't live without a scrollwheel so I bought the logitech v270. Yuck didn't work! Sold both and bought a mighty mouse, love it but miss being wireless. The day this is instore I'm there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
I've never used a wireless mouse before. I hear they are more trouble then they are worth, but obviously that is only an opinion. How long do the batteries last in a wireless mouse? With the batteries installed, is the mouse a bit heavy for the wrist? (looking for comfort). Just a couple of questions that popped in my noggin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is cool, but I am so used to Trackball Mice that I can't really use a regular one anymore..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
baggss said:
This is cool, but I am so used to Trackball Mice that I can't really use a regular one anymore..

Which one do you use? I really the Loigitech Trackman Marble wheel.

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I have a Logitech Wireless MX1000 and I thought I would hate a wireless mouse. Turns out I love the thing haha.

R

Rob

Except for the kind of short battery life, I like my Microsoft Wireless Intellipoint 2.0. (I got it for $10 on sale.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.