DVD Burning and Image Burning Software

A

alexfair

Is Toast the best or does it even work with Intel based laptops? I have some toast images my friend gave me. What is the recommended software to burn these with a New MacBook Pro.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
TOAST is probably your best bet, but I don't think it's a Universal Binary yet, so it may lag a bit. Is the extension on the files in question ".toast"?

OP
A

alexfair

baggss said:
TOAST is probably your best bet, but I don't think it's a Universal Binary yet, so it may lag a bit. Is the extension on the files in question ".toast"?

Yes they are .toast files. Now am i reading this correctly that even though some applications like toast aren't specifically for intel they will still work, maybe a little slower...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep. TOAST should run fine under the OSX built in Intel to PPC emulator (called Rosetta btw). You probably won't even notice a difference to be honest.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I bought Toast 7 the end of last year and was waiting for the Universal App to be released. I got an Email 2 weeks ago that the updated Universal Toast 7 was avalible and I downloaded the update and installed it. Works great on my Core Duo Mini. So yes, the Universal version of Toast 7 is now out. If you buy a copy in the store and it's the older version, go to Roxip's site and grab the update.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/version_history7.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GREAT NEWS! I didn't see it on their site but it's good to know it's now Universal!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
toast it the best and only burning app you will ever need for the rest of your life

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.