does adium have webcam support?

Reaction score
I'm talkig with my family over MSN and I was curious if adium has isight support... cuz I dont see an option for video session

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Use iChat AV (they can use aim), aMSN (they can use MSN messenger), Yahoo (they use yahoo) or wait a bit and use Skype (mac video support coming soon).

Adium probably won't have it for quite some time ....

OP
T
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Use iChat AV (they can use aim), aMSN (they can use MSN messenger), Yahoo (they use yahoo) or wait a bit and use Skype (mac video support coming soon).

Adium probably won't have it for quite some time ....

yeah, I just didnt wanna install yet another chat program (aMSN) oh well, seems like my only option

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think for now aMSN if you need MSN is your only option. I have been trying the beta of the new Yahoo Messenger for the MAC and the iSight works fine in it but not as smooth as when using iChat, but at least it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've used Yahoo Messenger with a webcam, it works, but it still sucks, just like the Windows version.. The cam was always choppy. MSN was no better unless you both had broadband.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
( Black ) MacBook
this is my first post and i was just checking the mercury msngr out , its very very good the new 1.9 ver is coming out soon and i belive it will be a great try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Aptmunich said:
Skype (mac video support coming soon).

Skype 2.0 beta is out and it has video support for Mac now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.