I could just cry.....need help with viewing Internet sites

X

xkissmekatex

Hi, I was given a Mac as a gift this month….and I hate it.

I need to connect to a Learning Institute for work, I can log on, see my catalog but when I click launch I see a blank page stating, “done” in the corner. Great…..I tried Safari and FireFox. Do I need to download Internet Explorer? When the program opens at work it looks like powerpoint slides, but doesn’t say that it is powerpoint, plus I do have powerpont on the computer so this can’t be it (well, it could be, obviously I am clueless!).

Also, when I copy text from the Internet and go to paste it in Word it doesn’t copy the same or completely freezes the program, not the computer. I have to use word for work files and before I just cut and copied everything, why retype when this is so much easier….so do I need to retype and reformat everything????

It isn’t the Mac I hate, I hate that everything is Windows and what I need is only Windows, I guess. I am very tempted to sell my new computer (MacBook Pro 17inch, 2GB RAM, 100GB HD @ 7200 rpm). I ASSume my OS is 10.4x (computer is less than 1mo old).

Another issue, I need to download Micromedix (a drug program for work to a palm) and it is only available for Windows. I guess this means I need Parallels or Bootcamp? Seriously, I just want a quick, easy to use computer and this isn’t it. I haven’t even tried hooking up my Palm TX yet.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Katie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It definitely sounds like you are in a windows environment. Everything you are talking about sounds like it needs Windows. It is annoying when companies use technologies only available in one Operating System. That's how Microsoft and lots of other companies keep people on their operating system, by making it required to use it to use their software. It does sound like you are going to need Parallels or Bootcamp to continue using your MBP for work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think this was answered in the other post you did.

BTW, cross posting is highly frowned upon here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
No problems with copying a pasting from anywhere into Word here. If you've been given it, the person before you might have messed it up. Sometimes a clean install is easier.

What's the link to your learning website?

Your drug program is also such a niche product, it would be uneconomical to make a Mac version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.