no avi thumbnails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
when viewing files in the finder, OSX has no problem showing jpegs, quicktimes, as thumbnail icons (small picture proofs_, but it will not show avi files as thumbnails. Is there anything i can download to make the files appear like the photos and quicktimes appear in the icon view?

M

Mac Apple

mlecho said:
when viewing files in the finder, OSX has no problem showing jpegs, quicktimes, as thumbnail icons (small picture proofs_, but it will not show avi files as thumbnails. Is there anything i can download to make the files appear like the photos and quicktimes appear in the icon view?

I have the same problem as you except that I dont get quicktime and jpeg previews all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I have the same problem. Shame no one knows the solution here... :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Just a thought...

There might be something on download.com. Just a thought. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Not sure if it includes avi, but here hope it helps

P

PowerbookG417

all my AVI files after downloading are just a blank page icon..if that is waht your gettin at...if you right click it and choose the option open with and select the application you'd like to use and choose allways use that will assoisiate that file with that program...IE all my avi's are VLC icons cause i use VLC as my default player. if your looking for thumbnails on the actual movie or parts from the movie its not going to happen unless your create the icon yourself :)
cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.