• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD issues

M

Mikhail

I have some .avi files I'm trying to burn to DVD. I'm a complete noob when it comes to burning DVDs because I just got a MacBook Pro and never had a DVD Burner before.

First of all, only about half of the files worked once the DVD was burned. There is a list on iDVD of videos and the ones that worked once burned showed up with the first scene from the movie on there and the ones that didn't work showed the quicktime icon. I figured it was some kind of bad format so I went into quicktime and exported them as .avi files. (I have divx convertor and toast) After this, they worked fine in iDVD. However, when put in a DVD player, the quality was terrible. I mean, it wasn't all that great before, but this was just atrocious. So, I was wondering what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. Is there some kind of software I need or something? What format should I be converting to? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.