Opera 9: No Flash Unless Run w/Rosetta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I'm running OS X 10.4.7, Intel Core Duo iMac, Opera 9.01.3487, and the latest Flash Player 9 beta UB. Having said that though, I've been having the same issue with Opera with any version 9 release, and with the UB of Flash Player 8 as well. Flash content just doesn't work with it unless I run Opera under rosetta. "about: config", does show the flash player plugin listed in the correct library, and Flash works fine with Safari, FireFox and Camino. I've repaired permissions, and removed/re-installed Opera. Any other suggestions? FWIW, I have had a few people report that this same configuration works fine for them on the Opera forums, so I suppose it *can* work. So far, no one there has offered anything in the way of a solution though. Thanks.

Mark

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Solved!

I found that in the file: Opera 9 Preferences, the following two flash related lines, pointed to "Flash Player Enabler.Plugin", rather than just "Flash Player.Plugin". Making that change in Text Editor (with Opera not running, of course), corrected the issue. The correct lines are below:

application/x-shockwave-flash=6,,/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin,Shockwave Flash,swf,|

application/futuresplash=6,,/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin,Shockwave Flash,spl,|

L

Logan

Yeah, I downloaded Flash 9 and just went to Opera, Preferences, Advanced, then sorted by File Extension, went to SWF files. Clicked Edit button on right, went to Plugin drop-down box, and selected the *other* Shockwave Flash option on there. ( there should be 2 named the exact same thing). That fixed it for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.