Fuming Mad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
Right, here is the story. I took my macbook in today to the place I brought it as it doesnt sit flush against the table. On the way there, we had to break heavily to avoid a crash. The macbook fell of the back seat and made a small dent in the corner of the laptop and scratch on the top (of which neither really affects the performance of the laptop in anyway). Go to the repair centre and was told that because of this little dent in the corner of the laptop, they cant replace any plastic or do any work on it, and, because its gone to applecare before, they wouldnt be able to do anything on it anyway.

Now, ive been to this service centre several times, and here was the outcomes. Bear in mind that they are an offical apple service centre:

Last year- Took my 4G ipod in for a replacement battery (out of warrenty so had to pay). I was told they couldnt do it and I had to send it to apple. Took it down the road to another Apple service centre and fixed within half an hour.

Last month- Took macbook there for discolouration of plastic. Told to go home and ring apple about it, which I did. Applecare told me that the apple service centre should have fixed it under warrenty and they dont know why they didnt.

This month- Took it for the plastic about 2 weeks ago, was told that it wasnt important and all laptops expand and dont sit flush against the table. ook it back today and told because of the dent, couldnt be fixed and to phone apple.

So, all in all, took it in 4 times and everytime I have gone in there, NOTHING has been done to help me, ive just been told to get in contact with apple.

Firstly, I want to know if apple cannot fix the problem because of this small dent (the problem was there before the dent)? Secondly, I would like to make a complaint to apple about this service centre. How do I go about doing this? Sorry im not usually a person to moan, but this really is discusting by this service centre and is really taking the micky. By the way im in england, but would think its the same as the US.

Reaction score
that sucks, sory to hear that. i'm concerned though - i have a few small nicks (or potentially small dents) on the bottom of my macbook, and i've been handling my laptop like a goddess - would this invalidate any service i get on this laptop if i need to get it done? please help! haha, i would like to know before i purchase the applecare next year before may 16th (before the limited warrenty runs up - yup, i bought my macbook on release day as the store was closing :) )

Reaction score
i'm sorry but if it sucks so back, why do you keep going there?

i'm not trying to be a smart ***, but maybe you can take it somewhere else or better yet maybe send it to applecare then try to explain those fools whats wrong with ur comp?

hope u get it figured out though :(

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes this is the first time ive ever brought anything from them. Its the service centre im annoyed with, not the shop. The people in the shop will bend over backwards to help you out, yet the technical help is just shocking.

taseal said:
i'm sorry but if it sucks so back, why do you keep going there?

i'm not trying to be a smart ***, but maybe you can take it somewhere else or better yet maybe send it to applecare then try to explain those fools whats wrong with ur comp?

hope u get it figured out though :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Find a different Apple Store. Even if it a two hour drive the drive may be worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dont go there ever again.

also, strap down your book before you go driving with it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For some reason my post was removed from the apple Discussions, despite making it quite clear on there that I wasnt annoyed with apple at all. Oh well.

Anyway, I have taken some pictures of the dent. When I say dent, I really me scratch, as it really is very small.

DSC01025.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

Would you really think that this would stop the macbook sitting flush against the table and wobbling everytime I use it? I didnt think so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
no not at all, and you should complain about it!

Nice 360 controller, although you should clean the sides of that dirt!
Got xbox live? Send me Fr Gt- Techno Mutant

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes im planning on telling apple that they should ditch these people as offical repair centre.

haha yeah have xbox live will add you tomorrow. I clean it out once every 2 weeks or so. It just picks up so much dirt.

Anyway, as you can see its not exactly a small scratch, but its not something that would effect the problem. Its hard to say what it acually is. You know when you have a table and it wobbles, and you have to put a piece of card under one leg? Well thats what its doing with the laptop, and its very annoying. As you can see that little dent shouldnt really affect it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.