Some webssites take a long time to load or never load at all..

Reaction score
The websites I use to be able to access on XP take a long time to load on my new mac. Sites such as AnimeYume sometimes never even load. IGN.com wont even stream anything. I have tried both firefox and safari with the same results. Anyone know what I can do to fix this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
nemonicx said:
The websites I use to be able to access on XP take a long time to load on my new mac. Sites such as AnimeYume sometimes never even load. IGN.com wont even stream anything. I have tried both firefox and safari with the same results. Anyone know what I can do to fix this.

that is peculiar and I love IGN, wiht my mac on the way I would also be interested in a cure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have no problems viewing those sites or streaming anything from them. Then again, I am using a PPC Mac and not an Intel Mac. Search the forums for help with videos and Intel Macs and you should find what you need to remedy this.
:black:

Reaction score
It might just be bad luck: the respective servers might be slow right now. Are you running any other apps that might consume bandwidth? If you are surfing wirelessly, are you far away from the sender?

Internet connections are usually the last thing macs have trouble with, and the last thing that should be any different from a pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
If you're on a fast connection, try using Onyx or another program to disable Safari's cache. I always turn IPV6 to disabled/off as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.