2 different ipods

A

Annie

I have only a pc right now - ordered the macbook - not here yet. My 14-year-old son is getting an ipod nano for Christmas this year - From what I read we both can't have our ipods on the same computer is that correct? (I also have a nano) - i will have a pc and a mac so I guess if that is true I can let him have his on the pc (He will not be touching my mac - lol) and mine on the mac) - I hope that's not correct but it seems it is. Also from what I read here it is easy to move my ipod over to the mac but I'll worry about that later! I thought I could have both our ipods on the pc - learning a lot here.

Thanks
Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There are multiple ways to deal with this:

1 - Separate user accounts on the Mac. This also means separate iTunes libraries.

2- Set up each iPod to only syncing to specified playlists. This way you can use 1 use profile and 1 iTunes library and each iPod will only sync the songs on it's designated playlist.

3 - Manual sync. This is simply turning off auto sync and dragging and dropping within iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
seperate user accounts will be your best bet. also this way you dont have to listen to your sons music if one of his playlists starts playing. im sure that you are going to have different musical tastes

-chris

Reaction score
why did mac do this?

how nice would it have been if we could plug in both our ipods?

one would say 'taseal's ipod' and if I put my wife's in it would say 'yemsi's ipod'

but noooooo :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
baggss said:
There are multiple ways to deal with this:

1 - Separate user accounts on the Mac. This also means separate iTunes libraries.

2- Set up each iPod to only syncing to specified playlists. This way you can use 1 use profile and 1 iTunes library and each iPod will only sync the songs on it's designated playlist.

3 - Manual sync. This is simply turning off auto sync and dragging and dropping within iTunes.

So does this mean its IS possible to connect 2 iPods to 1 mac? Just needs to follow instuctions in option 2 or 3?

Reaction score
you can do that of course. You'll jsut have the same library on both iPods. Macs (and PC's too) think that people usually keep seperate musical tastes. And since two people are not one people (duh) it expects you to make two accounts.

why did mac do this?
Who's mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
evolve said:
So does this mean its IS possible to connect 2 iPods to 1 mac? Just needs to follow instuctions in option 2 or 3?

I have 6 iPods plugged into my Quad right now. All are set to manual synch (#3 in my above message) so it's not an issue. Yes, do either 2 or 3 and you will be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.