Matte or Glossy Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Im confused which is best in terms of gaming, outdoor, and general use. I've seen it at the store but i need some advice the guy at the store didnt seem to know.

R

Rob

Gaming: Glossy
Outdoor: Matte
General Use: Glossy

I would get Glossy. Much nicer IMO.

I

iRizzo

I have the matte. It's great. I have only seen the glossy screens on the regular Macbooks and don't really like them.

F

fliP

The colors on the Glossy screens just seem to look so much better but they can be bothersome at times with lights behind you or especially when outdoors. That being said, I still chose a glossy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Again, it all depends on what you want to do. For the average every day user, Glossy would be fine.
Unless you plan on doing professional grade graphic design work, then go for the matte screen. Glossy really skews the colors and doesn't give you as true of a representation as the matte does with respect to design work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I have the glossy one on my macbook pro and its very nice. Go for it!

A

Axxis22

If you are working on photos or graphics, get matte.

Glossy has very rich dark tones. Glossy also gets finger prints a lot easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.