HELP: Uploading Video off of my Canon Powershot....

M

Mtorells74

I took video of a whole concert last night, and when I go to upload it to iphoto, it only uploads 1 of the 4 videos.....Can anyone explain how I can get all these videos on my mac?? Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Use iMovie, You will be able to import the video that way. Open iMovie and then connect the camera, it should allow you to then control the camera via- iMovie, and you should be able to pull your video.

Reaction score
You could also mount your SD-Card to the desktop using a card reader, then just hard-pull off your files.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I tend to use image capture and a card reader, since I have more than one memory stick for the camera.

OP
M

Mtorells74

ok guys, the files are now on my computer, but they will not play....They are .AVI files and all I get is a Quicktime Error message....they should play, considering I have other files from this concert already uploaded...

Reaction score
Final Cut will render .avi so that it can be exported as Quicktime. There are probably other apps that do the same, but I'm not sure. I'm surprised iMovie doesn't do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.