URGENT!! Recording sound in iMovie makes robot sound??!?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am leaving on a 14 hour trip and i am going to use this macbook for a couple of those hours. I am leaving 1:00PM tommorow and i need this issue solved!!

Ok, so heres the story, i was recording videos in iMovie and i was playing around with the video and audio fx. I started to record and i got this weird robot kind of echo you hear in Voice candy, even though there was no "robot" echo fx. So i tryed restarting iMovie and when i switched to video capture mode, i heard a REALLY loud beep and then it showed the picture in the isight. so im like okay, maybe this is normal. and then i started to record and it kept making that sound... a robot kind of sound. It's hard to explain, but if you have used voice candy and have used the robot effect, it sounds EXACTLY like that. And by the way, i didnt open voice candy, i dont even think its installed. So i got panicy, since its only been like 3 weeks with my macbook pro. I did a system check adn restarted adn nothing works. This problem seems to only happen while recording. Ok, so i resterted and started up imovie and started to record and then started to record and then i played it back, and whoa it worked, and then i did it again and unfortunatley it came back. It also makes that echoey robot sound when im in preview mode, the picture you see before recording. Please help me, im going on a 14 hour flight, and i want to use my macbook pro to entertain myself.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Could the sound be feedback maybe?

If you're recording something through the internal microphone and it's playing loud enough through the internal speaker, the mic will pick it up again, causing a feedback loop, which can cause all kinds of funky sounds...

OP
V
Reaction score
WOW!!! It worked, i wonder why it was doing that! I've recorded with full volume before and it hasnt gave me any problems... Thank you so much, you saved me a trip to the apple store!
Thank you again! :):):) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No problem :) Glad we found the culprit!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.