Anyone do Voice Over/Recording with Garage Band?

M

marykind

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about getting a macbook-does anyone do any voice-over work or voice recording using Garage Band? I'm trying to buy the best computer for that reason. I've started doing voice-over work and a lot of the work can be done from home? Any suggestions?

marykind. :headphone

Reaction score
your best bet is to post this in the apps section as its more of a application question, not macbook related really :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
agreed this forum is not probably what you are looking for but I personally can attest to using garageband for vocal work. It is pretty efficient but definitly feels incomplete. For simple stuff, even doing decent recordings its not bad, but its certainly not nearly as clear as a professional sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i believe that graphite does the mac-forums podcast in garageband
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I use Garageband and a Blue Mic Snowball USB microphone to do voiceovers and recordings. It's pretty easy to use and the sound quality is steller.

OP
M

marykind

Thank you!

marykind said:
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about getting a macbook-does anyone do any voice-over work or voice recording using Garage Band? I'm trying to buy the best computer for that reason. I've started doing voice-over work and a lot of the work can be done from home? Any suggestions?

marykind. :headphone

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm (obviously) new to the site, I really need to become a bit more savy with this stuff! This is a great site! Lots of helpful folks, it is much appriciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.