Made the switch...good choice

I

Imac_Zak

hey im new. this is my first post. :dummy: I got the 17'' Intel mac 1gig ram....im pretty happy...my only problem was They sold me faulty Microsoft Office Programs and it kinda messed up my mac..I took it to the mac store and they fixed it...FREAKING MICROSOFT...anyways...I love it.. all my friends that see it are inspired to buy a mac just because they look so **** cool...among many other reasons... :mac: ...ANYWAYS I have a couple questions......I did a search and read a lot and I dont want bootcamp because I saw more risks than rewards.

Question 1...will bootcamp ever NOT be a beta...after it is no longer a beta I will possibily think about buying it, because I really want it, I just dont wanna messed up computer again..but i guess that happens when you let microsoft into the equation.

Question 2...I noticed it is hard to get a windows media player plug-in installed...I went to the mac store and they said that is kinda a problem...if anyone know's how to do this it would be great...sites redirect me to Download the program and it won't work...

Question 3...im sorry, you cannot know what this is unless you already know.

Question 4...im just thinking of questions and i better stop now before i don't get any responces....this is getting to long...ill spread my questions out over time....well I hope you guys will enjoy me posting here in the future...I hope i can oneday soon help other people out after i explore my mac a bit more....

I also have a dell laptop...im sure everybody does..and im thinking about buying a mac mini to hook up to my TV..I read a post on here about some guy that has that setup..but that will be months down the road....

THANKS FOR READING THIS AGONIZING POST>>>>>

another mac user...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1 - Probably in OSX 10.5

2- Flip4Mac. I believe the Intel version is in Beta though

3 - That question WILL get you banned here.

4- Ask away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
you might want to delete that question about limewire its against forums rules ... sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
1. Probably never. The next version of OS X will likely include something along the lines of Paralells.

2. baggs covered that

3. again, baggs covered that

4. If you have any more questions, I assure you they have been asked by others already and answered many times already. You can save yourself lots of time and toiling making new posts for your questions by using the Forum Search feature. Any and every question you could possibly think of regarding Macs has been asked before and answered here.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/search.php?Array[Bsessionurl]

Welcome to the forum! :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D3v1L80Y said:
1. Probably never. The next version of OS X will likely include something along the lines of Paralells.

Or Not.....

OP
I

Imac_Zak

D3v1L80Y said:

2. baggs covered that

3. again, baggs covered that

4. If you have any more questions, I assure you they have been asked by others already and answered many times already. You can save yourself lots of time and toiling making new posts for your questions by using the Forum Search feature. Any and every question you could possibly think of regarding Macs has been asked before and answered here.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/search.php?Array[Bsessionurl]

Welcome to the forum! :black:

I am not afraid of the search button..i will read more than post..I spent about 2hours reading before I made this post and about 2months browsing before I became A member...sorry if this sounds harsh..im just speaking, or typing..

OP
I

Imac_Zak

again, thank you all for your responces....how many people on here are running bootcamp succesfully? just a guess...about 4-5....when i searched the topic bootcamp I mostly found problems people were having rather than cool things it can do...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not yet, but likely will on my wife's new iMac in the near future...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
baggss said:
Fair enough... I just go by what Apple has to say and not rumor sites:black:

When you are on Apple's site and you go to the reason #6 for "All the reasons you never bought a Mac" it says:
Apple said:
6. You can even run Windows software.*

*Purchase of Windows and Parallels software required.

Apple is really touting and pushing Parallels and not Boot Camp on their site and in their ad campaign. That is why I would lean more towards the emulation side of things instead of allowing Windows to run natively.
:black:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/windows.html

OP
I

Imac_Zak

why do you think the new Imac will have problems will bootcamp..or is it just the wife???...lol...thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Neither. We got it last night and just set it up today. I still have to go WinXP SP 2 before I can/will mess with it. If she runs Windows, she'll be able to telecommute more often which would be nice for her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Imac_Zak said:
again, thank you all for your responces....how many people on here are running bootcamp succesfully? just a guess...about 4-5....when i searched the topic bootcamp I mostly found problems people were having rather than cool things it can do...lol

I don't know exactly how many people in here are running bootcamp, but I'm pretty sure we have a couple dozen. In addition to that there are quite a large number of people who don't come here who are running bootcamp. For the vast majority or people bootcamp is trouble free. The problems usually happen when people don't read the manual and don't follow instructions. Besides the obvious driver issues, bootcamp runs very smoothly. I haven't had a single problem with bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.