OS X Folder Color Labels

B

bil2k

Does anyone use the OS X color labels for their files and folders? It seems like a cool feature, but I just can't think of any good use for it :)

I'm a college student (graduating in a week wooo!), designer, 3d animator, artist, etc. if that helps if anyoen can think of a use for em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I use them to separate folders I have for each class I go to at school. Sort like those little binder tabs that are on those three ring notebooks.
I use them on any assignment for the classes, too. That way, even if I name something rather dull, I automatically know which class it was for at least.

Reaction score
My documents folder is cluttered by stupi folders that other Apps create (like Office, Toast, Sibelius and Virtual PC).

The folder that actually are mine are colored. Devilboys use one I use too. I even match the binders colors to my folders :)

Reaction score
I color all the default Apple apps so I wont move or delete them accidentally.
In a folder full of docs and folders, I color stuff I use regularly so they're easier to find.

OP
L

Logan

I use it to make my black ipod look pretty on my desktop.
Otherwise for me it's pretty useless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I use them to point out things done (green) and to-do (red).

Also useful in seperating items in a folder based on size, quality, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
I use them to seperate projects. Sometimes I need a document file with my imaging work and color tab them to let me know all of them belong to the same project even though they are organized in the proper "picture" and "documents" sidebar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.