flip4mac for intel guys?

Reaction score
I see that flip4mac had a beta for their plugin tht worked with intels, but I cant find a copy, and its real annoying not being able to view wmv files... I was telling my wifey how great the comp is then when I tried to show her a vid online and it didnt work, I kinda ownt myself :(

so anything i can use to view wmv stuff off websites like flip4mac? :(

D

drinkmilk15

there are torrents of it up or if you have a newsgroup account, its on there. other than that, unless someone has space to upload it, you'll have to wait till its out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You're not allowed to download the betas unless you're part of Flip4mac's closed beta group.

D

drinkmilk15

like i said...there are torrents and newsgroup postings...but don't use them, because you're not allowed. *sarcasm*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
drinkmilk15 said:
like i said...there are torrents and newsgroup postings...but don't use them, because you're not allowed. *sarcasm*

The reason they are not allowed to be discussed on this site is because if illegal stuff is discussed on this site and people do the action described, in this case downloading software you don't have the rights too. Then mac-forums, and inet will be held reliable which could cause the removal of this site from the internet, hindering the entire comunity that we all belong to and enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
oh I didn't know it was a closed beta when I googled it! Opps.

It works well tho.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
since the BETA works perfectally, why are they not releasing it? It works fine. Release it already!!! I really do not understand what is the hold up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
What about WMP9? It plays WMV files just fine on my MacBook...

Edit: oh, nevermind - didn't realize it didn't play embedded content. bummer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.