macbook display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Hey, I just bought a new macbook. The color seemed very light and not very rich. I was quite dissapointed. So, I went under the color preferences and seleced "Adobe RGB (1998)". The color then became much deeper and richer. Is this normal? The color I saw when I first used the system was very poor, I'm not sure why. What do you guys use for your color preference? Mine was on "Color LCD" before I switched it.

Thanks.

P.S. Otherwise I'm loving the new macbook!

Reaction score
on the macbook screen, the LCD colors should be perfect... if you change into anything else it will not be right... but if you hooked up macbook to a monitor, then yeah, you need to switch to something like adobe rgb, otherwise colors will be dull :)

on my DVI LCD screen (external monitor) i use adobe '98
on macbook LCD screen, I use the default LCD screen one

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Well, this setting doesn't seem to conflict with anything the computer does, and I don't mind it. The closest Apple store is a ways away and I don't feel like driving all the way there to complain. Nor do I feel like sending the computer back to Apple when I am leaving for school in less than a month.

Guess this just makes my computer more unique right? haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why not calibrate it to what looks best to you? After all, that is what the custom calibration is for. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.