Trouble connecting to internet.

K

kntaja

Got my new macbook yesterday and have been experiencing troubles with connecting to the internet. My macbook says that he can't connect to the internet and needs the PPPoe password and username. I called my connection provider, but they said they don't use PPPoe. In the System Preferences it says that the macbook is connected to the internet by the ethernet cable and the lights on my dsl-modem are green as they should be. But when I open Safari and try to open a page it just says that 'the computer is not connected to the internet'. Any clue what I should try next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Go to System Prefs > Network, then at the top under Show, go to Built in Ethernet. Click the TCP/IP tab and under Configure IPv4 choose Using DHCP. Then look at the PPPoE tab, if "Connect using PPPoE" is checked, uncheck it. Try that, if that doesnt work then you will need to use PPPoE because you have dsl. The PPPoE username/password would probably be the account name or master email address and password you used when you signed up with dsl.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.