Mighty Mouse Side squeeze = worthless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
why didn't you just title it

Mighty Mouse=Useless, even microsoft makes better mouses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have used one on a few occasions. Lots of guys at school have them. I wanted to get used to using one, before I made up my mind on getting one for myself. I have come to this conclusion:

The Mighty Mouse looks pretty... but is more or less just that, pretty.

There are far better options out there. Heck, even the standard Apple Pro Mouse is leaps and bounds ahead of the Mighty Mouse. Questionable business practices aside, I think I will stick with my DV Forge mouse.

Reaction score
I'm always pressing the side buttons by accident. Right-click isn't very useable but I really like the scroll ball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
I'm having a bit of a problem with my scroll ball. It seems like it can't down scroll. I can scroll upward and side scroll, but I can't down scroll.

Anyone know why this might happen? It was working fine earlier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sounds like it's dirty.... try pressing the ball down on something and run it back & forwards...

But yeah, the mighty mouse bites... it's a nice idea to keep the design the same as the previous mice and turn those side panels into buttons, but as the main interaction device between the user & the computer, you'd think apple could do better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
Sounds like it's dirty.... try pressing the ball down on something and run it back & forwards...

That was my guess, I tried to clean it (with Apple's cleaning tutorial). Problem not fixed. The mouse is really nice and I'm really trying to avoid replacing it with a Logitech mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Then contact apple and have them replace it - you still have warantee on that sucker - then ditch it on ebay...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
90 day guarantee still in full effect. Thanks for the help. =)

Oh never mind, I fixed it. When I wiped off the mouse, I really pressed on the mouse ball. All fixed now. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Its not terrible but one the retail display units, they had it on wood (no mouse mat) and when you tried to move it started jumping, only when it was on a mouse mat did it work...

It also seems a bit odd too have to lift your fingers off the left of the mouse to use the right. Still I guess its okay....

Ill probably be getting a Microsoft mouse if the mighty mouse is too problematic. Still I need the Mac first :D

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I get on OK with my Mighty Mouse. I guess that it is probably just a case of what feels ok for one person does not for another.

Reaction score
I dont know how you dont like this mouse. I mean touch sensors in the freaking mouse. To right click you have to have your left most finger OFF of the mouse. I love it, it is perfect for laptop users like myself, since I am used to the clicking style. The side buttons are firm enough not to hit on accident, and the trackball is dead on precision, perfect for my photoshopping. I havent yet bought this mouse, but have used it numerous times at friends houses and at CompUSA. The only thing stopping me from purchasing this mouse is lack of funds and rumors of a wireless mighty mouse on the way.

I would much rather be wireless, hence the reason for the purchase of my macbook (hence my lack of funds).

I would just like to say, this mouse is by far the best non-gaming mouse I have used. And I also own the wireless desktop elite keyboard and mouse set released last year by microsoft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.