• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you love about your mac?

M

Marlow

This is a useless thread... but I had to tell someone and my friends still call me mac boy and make fun of the excitement with which I greet the discovery of new features and capabilities. Anyways, from my 17" PB to my new Macbook I love how my new mac smells... I know this is sort of wierd, but it's not far off the new car smell people often like. I also love the new keyboard on my Macbook and how large the trackpad is compared with other PC lappy's. I know there are a million things to love about your mac but what are some more obscure and interesting things that have you enamoured.

Cheers,

Marlow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i love that it doesnt have windows on it and that after using PC's all day the calming affecrt that my mac has over me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
fearlessfreap24 said:
i love that it doesnt have windows on it and that after using PC's all day the calming affecrt that my mac has over me.

Haha I feel the same way. Web browsing and checking email is guiltless - only time I might worry is sending something malicious on to a PC, but I know better hehe ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I like it because its small (12") and is easy to carry around. Its basically my school laptop, and this is much better because my PC laptop was a 15" and was heavy. Plus I like how I can save all my documents and powerpoint pres. without worrying about it having a crash and losing all my stuff.

The only thing I miss about that thing was that I could play Vice City once I was done with my work.

OP
J

JKrouth

I love iLife. All the things I mess around with, making movies, Garage Band, etc. I love it all.

Reaction score
Well the techies will shoot me down for this but I unashamedly like the uniformed design of mac products. My macmini goes with the mighty mouse, bluetooth keyboard, ipods, lacie harddrive, belkin hub etc. Whenever I buy non-mac products it's just not the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just don't like one button mice. Ive had the same Logitech MX310 5 button for about 3 years and love it. I have one for my PC and my iBook. Theres a button on each side so I can go back and forth online.

Reaction score
iBeldar said:
I just don't like one button mice. Ive had the same Logitech MX310 5 button for about 3 years and love it. I have one for my PC and my iBook. Theres a button on each side so I can go back and forth online.

I agree but on mac I've always had a mac mouse. The "right button" on mighty mouse is not the best and it'll be nice to have the real extra buttons. I've gotten used to using kb shortcuts now and actually prefer less mouse usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
Love the design. the screen. the applications. man, it's just.....a mac! it's unique!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I love how its standard to use 2 screens on any powermac. Most pcs will not allow you to do that with out upgrading it, but even bottom line powermacs have that capability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
PowerBookG4 said:
I love how its standard to use 2 screens on any powermac. Most pcs will not allow you to do that with out upgrading it, but even bottom line powermacs have that capability.

so true. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBookG4 said:

I can do that on my PC. :) . I don't though, no use for it. I keep music running on my iBook and other junk on my PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I love that I don't have to worry as much about reloading iTunes/My iPod 3 times in a year like I did with my Windows machine thanks to crashes. I love the fact that it's going to be pretty easy to chronicle my recent trip to Japan with iLife. I love spotlight and the over all look, feel, and way OS X works. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I love the fact that my PowerMac has an uptime of around 9 days and still runs faster than my Windows computer at work.

OP
M

Marlow

Yeah I really agree with not having to shut down or restart as being an advatage. I guess another plus I overlooked is this and other forums. I find getting help with Mac/linux problems alot easier than windows issues. I do miss the S-video on the powerbook on my new Macbook... I never carry the right adaptor with me, but this I will learn to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I love Garageband and quicksilver. The look and feel of my MBP is pretty sweet as well, I just I knew how to clean it up a little.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Five things I love about my two Macs:

1. If I want my desktop background to be a picture of Paul McCartney's face, then by golly, it can be done, and in only a few clicks! :flower:

2. iTunes. It's so pretty.

3. Being able to name the hard drive anything I want.

4. If I insert a DVD on my computer, it just opens. I don't even have to hit any buttons.

5. Two finger scrolling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
I love how it does everything so well. I love the design and simplicity. I'm on a PC all day and it's refreshing to come home and do a little work/playin around on my mac.

OP
D

dejayed

Like most people here I am on a PC all day at work and come HOME to to my powerbook. And that is exactly it, it is HOME. It is the real thing, the original. I feel that Windows has always been the system that has tried to be Mac.Sure, it was first and it is bigger... but it ain't better... never has been, never will be. If it wasn't for Mac we would still be using DOS!!! Mac is style. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.