Canon EOS D30, any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well my uncle gave me this canon EOS D30(body) the other night, and I was wondering if it's worth it to get a lense/battery for it?

Does anyone have any experience with this camera? what lense would you recommend for every day shooting?

Thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Free camera is like free beer...they are all good.

No, I have no experience with the camera..but if you buy a lens for it and find it does not perform how you need then you have a lens to buy a new body for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
If you decide you don't want it, can I have it? :)

Seriously though, the EOS range of DSLRs are a fine set of camera. Admittedly the D30 is on the lower end of the spectrum feature-wise, but it's still a fine camera and well worth getting at least a standard zoom lens for.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
thanks :) what's the best place to go for to just find a regular ol' zoom lense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Go to KEH camera and buy a used on (or ebay, photo forums) why buy new to put on a free camera...keep the set up cheap it will help you enjoy it more and leave money in your pocket in case you decide to get more used lenses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.