iMac G5 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
My Aunt has an iMac G5 that I have helped her with *all* the problems it has had since she got it about a year ago. There has not been many, and the few have been quite easy to solve. This problem however is not that simple. The computer will not turn on and I have tried switching outlets and such and I have not gotten any progress. It could be a power supply failure or a motherboard failure. I noticed that when I plugged the plug into the outlet on the wall, there was a spark, I don't know if that means that it was just reacting to the metal going into the electrical socket or if it means that the power supply is, in fact, still functioning. Any help is greatly appreciated, I am typing all of this on her other computer, a Windows PC, Sony VAIO. If you have any questions that can help in any way please do not hesitate to ask them. Thanks again. *Sorry if the words are together this keyboard is pretty bad, sticky and hard to press the keys.*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
the spark is nothing out of the ordinary, my ibook makes a small spark when I plug the cord into the outlet.

Is this a rev A imac g5? the one without the isite camera?

check this page out:
http://www.apple.com/support/imac/repairextensionprogram/
you might be lucky and apple might fix it for free.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Thank you, that was the problem. The Serial Number fell right in between those ones, Thank you again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
glad I could help! A friend of mine had the same problem with his imac.

So basically, now you need to drop off the computer at an apple store or an apple authorized service center. They will fix it and within a few days ( or slightly longer) they'll tell you its ready and you'll either go pick it up, or it'll be shipped to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.