Editing music with VLC

S

SkinnyPhilly

i am using VLC to play flac music files...
my question is how do i edit the music to where i can cut certain parts of the song? do i need a specific program? thanks

OP
S

SkinnyPhilly

well correct me if im wrong but ive read that quicktime pro does not support flac...it opens the file but there is no music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
SkinnyPhilly said:
well correct me if im wrong but ive read that quicktime pro does not support flac...it opens the file but there is no music?

Oops. I didn't see he said it was a flac file. I think you are right but I've never tested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
audacity most likely can, i've never tried it however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Duo mini, Macbook 2.4 Gig
Amadeus II

SkinnyPhilly said:
i am using VLC to play flac music files...
my question is how do i edit the music to where i can cut certain parts of the song? do i need a specific program? thanks

Amadeus II is a nice $30 program that I use that will play and let you edit FLAC files (just checked).

And BTW for all you guys suggesting Audacity, does it even work for Intel Macs yet? Does not work for me(MAC INtel Mini)? I am tired of waiting and not willing to do that whole compiling thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.