What's up with my Audio Input?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Okay, this problem is not only affecting my G4 PowerMac, but my G4 Ti Powerbook as well... When I open Sound in the Sys Prefs and select the audio line-in, it shows a signal coming in, but I can't hear anything coming out of my speakers. It does this for both of my Macs... I want to run the sound from my Xbox 360 (running red/white coax into an adapter so that I can plug it into a 1/8" phone jack) into my PowerMac, then have the speaker/headphone jack out running into my Logitech Z-3e speakers, but there's no sound coming out. Any ideas? Both are running OS X 10.4.7, specs of each in my sig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What do you have selected for Sound Out?

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only thing that shows up on my Powermac is "internal speaker" ... It does have a mic/line-in jack, and a headphone/speaker output jack...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The system is not recognizing the Headphone Jack as a valid line out for some reason. Have you verified you don't have the in and out cables reversed?

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, the cable are good.. I just got this Powermac yesterday. It had 10.2 on it, but I put 10.4 on it and it's all upgraded to the latest version. There's only 2 ports.. One with a pic of a Mic for mic/line in, and the other one has an icon that looks like the speaker in the menu bar without the actual speaker part. The audio out works on my speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.