How to hook up a Mini Din-9 Modem to a G3 B&W Power MAc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac B&W 400 Mhz
I am tring to hook an older 56K Viking External Modem that is mac compatible but it uses the older mac style Din-9 connection. Is there an adapter I can get to connect this to a 400Mhz B&W G3 Power mac? My power mac didn't come with the internal modem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
it may be easier just to buy a g3 modem... but you can use these:

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA28x/

its 8 pin, and thats the mac style cable. If your modem has the PC style 9 pin cable, you'll need to find a mac cable for it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac B&W 400 Mhz
I'll take a pic of the cable tonight, it said in the bookelet it was a Din-9 connection. any ideas where I can get a mac cable for it?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac B&W 400 Mhz
din9.jpg

This is the connection that the end of the cable built into the modem has, what do I need to make it work?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac B&W 400 Mhz
deus_ex_machina said:

They must have made a typo in the instruction manual because it says din-9, but their is only 8 pins in the connector. So it looks like I am looking for a din-8 to usb connector.

Did mac ever even us a din-9 connections, where would you suggest to get this connector at? Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.