Help Macbook turning yellow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
First off I believe this has been discussed here before but I searched and couldnt find anything so if there is can someone point me thanks!

My macbook is starting to turn yellow, places on the hand rest and the "clicker" It's not that bad right now but is turning worse. I read somewhere that apple is issuing replacements but I went to there forums and none of the topics I found showed me where to do this. could someone point me to a apple link so I can get it replaced. Thanks!!

edit- was pointed to applecare as the only people that can help me. Calling them there no need to post! Problem solved

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
call applecare at 1 800 APL CARE and describe the discoloring. They can replace the yellowing pieces.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
macAttack said:
call applecare at 1 800 APL CARE and describe the discoloring. They can replace the yellowing pieces.

Thankfully Apple finally admitted that this is a defect. Hopefully it will be no problem getting a replacement.

Reaction score
man, I hope that doesnt happen... I didnt get black because it would end up turning shiny from the fircition... and got rid of my asus because of this issue (the silver paint wore off, and I had bare black plastic, it looked disgusting) I hope this wont be the issue with mac because one of the reason I got this macbook was because I knew mac wouldnt use cheap plastic on their laptop... if mine turns yellow, I will be ****** :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Pop into an Apple store and tell them if it starts to go yellow. I took mine in for a completely different reason and the work slip said 'ordered new top case' on it. I asked why, and they said that they were doing that to all macbooks that were suffering even slight yellowing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.