HELP HELP my MAC OS never work again after boot camp

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the painful problem with my Macbook because my Mac Os never working again. The problem is after i boot camp and install the windows, the windows is working fine, but after restart, hold down the option key and i select the Mac's part to start the MAC OS, but the screen changing to cray, then the Gray apple's logo with the loading cicle coming up and its told about 5 minutes, next the other darker screen coming down with the note with 4 different language " you must shut down or restart by hold down the power button or restart key"
And i never can use my MAC OS again, i wanna cry,:( my first time using MAC, could someone please HELP ME many thank to you :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
sounds to me like you messed up your bootcamp installation. first step i would say is to put in your osx disk, boot while holding down C, get to disk utility and repair your permissions

if that doesnt work i would look into a archive and install of os x....it will keep all your stuff but just repair your operating system

other boot camp users may be able to help you out mroe than me

good luck!
-chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Coach, that is very good advise. It looks like somehow during the install of Bootcamp and XP that something got messed up on the OSX Partition. Do what Coach recomended and it should boot back into OSX. That Error you are getting is a Kernal Panic, so something really got messed up on the OSX side. If you try everything Coach suggested and it still has problems, let us know. I have a Core Duo Mini with Bootcamp but had no issues at all.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi coach Z,
I tried to repair your permissions, but noithing happen. If i try to reinstall the Mac Os X as you said, are you sure all my stuffs in Mac HD still in there, i don't care about my application but my files
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it wouldnt let you repair permissions at all??? tht is interesting.

make sure you archive and install....it will save all of your stuff and settings. if you have any more questions make sure to ask before you just jump in and do this
-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry the simple question, but this is my first using Mac :). Do you mean i could reinstall by put the Mac OSx CD1 in and hold C key, select the language and click install that's it? so it can keep my files and the Mac OsX can running normally on boot camp
thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have to also select from the option menu ARCHIVE AND INSTALL. If you just click and do not select that first, it will zap everything. Coach said Archive & Install 2 times. I guess you missed that part.

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah! yeah!! my Mac OSX is back and running well after i did (archive and install) as u said, time to back up all my important files, and Delete the Windows :( never trust boot camp, it made me crazy. Oh my first experience with Mac, You are Pro thank you very much, this is a very powerful forum with the power members here, wish to see you later with another question :))
Thanks thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
thanks for your good words about us and the forums, feel free to just stick around and BS for a while, play some of our games in the anything goes forum, chat in the irc, fold for our folding@home team, and many other things.....i have learned all of the things i know from this forum and mainly learned everything from helping other people out and reading almost all of the threads out there
have a good one!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
God bless bad internet english. Anybody else thinks it sounds funny when you're reading the posts in your head?

Im not being mean, but it's just funny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.