• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Should I customise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I have a recently new MacBook in white. I love the white but I want to personalise it but not to damage it and still keep the cool look of a Mac.

So I thinking of getting some translecent sticky back plastic in red and green. and colouring the lit apple on the screen lid. So it lights up a red apple with a green leaf.

What do you think? Sould I do it? or leave it sweet as it is?

I cant decide! Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dont do it, you begin to void warrantees and such when you fool with your book

plus at the end you say that it is "sweet as it is" so i say leave it
-chris

OP
symondavis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Oh I wouldnt void warranties. It would all be purely external cosmetics.

I just want to add that touch of persoanlisation. But I'm completely unsure.

I'm so confussled

Reaction score
Well, as I understand you just want to add some plastic to the shell. Try non-sticky plastic and tape it with cello. Test it. But basically I personally don't like tacking stuff up with colours. The white apple is nice enough. Personalise you Desktop. That's fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
honestly, i think it might give your macbook a christmas-y vibe. avoid doing it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
I put stickers on my old powerbook and liked it alot. As long as you can take them off there's really no reason not to see if you like it as you can just take them off if you don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
avcabob said:
I put stickers on my old powerbook and liked it alot. As long as you can take them off there's really no reason not to see if you like it as you can just take them off if you don't.
yeah the most I would put on is maybe some stickers, I have been thinking about putting some stickers on my MacBook but I kinda like the clean look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I know a guy who took his old, out of warranty, iBook apart and actually put the red and green tranlucent plastic inside the cover. It looked pretty sweet.

OP
symondavis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mmmmm... yeah I tried some sweet wrappers tonite to see the effect.

Your right a Xmas-y feel was created. I think I'll scrap that idea until Chrimbo! (Ya gotta be festive eh!)

M

Marlow

For a moment I thought you were Canadian with the proper spelling of customise and flagrant eh!

Cheers

J

JoshuaGGS

Its just a machine, go wild on it.. macmod.com have some cool things about how to modd it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would just leave it if it was up to me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I'm in favor of a little personalizing.

My iBook has a Beatles sticker on the back, as well as a bunch of writing in permanent marker.

I also put a few stickers on my PowerMac's monitor, including one that looks a lot like the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacán outside of Mexico City and another one that says "London." Both of the aforementioned stickers [on my PowerMac] were purchased at a craft store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.