Power Mac two words?

I

isaaclimdc

why is it that "Power Mac" is two words, whilst "PowerBook" is one? im quite confused!?

these are the names that Apple uses on their advertising and website. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
isaaclimdc said:
why is it that "Power Mac" is two words, whilst "PowerBook" is one? im quite confused!?

these are the names that Apple uses on their advertising and website. any ideas?
"PowerBook" is derived from 'notebook' which is obviously only one word.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
isaaclimdc said:

Interestingly, in my former PowerMac G4 MDD manual, it was written PowerMac, while in my actual G5's manual, it says Power Mac.
I always write PowerMac, as it looks better than Power Mac, but that's just my personal opinion... :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
as avalon has stated the powermac or power mac has changed in its formatting severl times and seems to have no real ryhme or reason aas to how apple spells it
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Originally, the product names were

"Apple Macintosh PowerBook (modelnumber)"
and
"Apple Power Macintosh (modelnumber)"

In the late 1990's, Apple removed "Macintosh" from its product names. The notebook became "Apple PowerBook" and the desktop was shortened to "Apple Power Mac."

It has never been officially spelled "Powermac" without the space. Avalon's memory is incorrect; the manual for the MDD Power Mac spells it with the space. (The space is very narrow, but if you copy the text and change the font, it's there.) So does every other Apple publication.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Well, then it must have been a localization error...
The printed manuals that came with the MDD clearly stated PowerMac, without any space, and they looked optically very differently than this PDF.
By the way, because af the 2 main administrative languages in Luxemburg are German and French, the models sold here are Swiss ones, which come with German and French documentation, and a keyboard that makes typing those two languages easier, without switching keyboard layouts.

So maybe it was only in the German and French docs, but I definitely remember it being written without space, and not just for the MDD.

Anyway, does it really matter?!? :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Must be a euro/international thing. I've never seen anything official without the space, but then I don't pay much attention to the non-US subsidiaries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.