60gb enough for bootcamp?

S

spiderpong

Just wondering that if I get the 1.83 ghz MB and install bootcamp so that I can run dual boot os, will the 60 gb be sufficient for that as well as the normal stuff, like storing music, documents, powerpoint presentations etc....

Reaction score
spiderpong said:
Just wondering that if I get the 1.83 ghz MB and install bootcamp so that I can run dual boot os, will the 60 gb be sufficient for that as well as the normal stuff, like storing music, documents, powerpoint presentations etc....

OS X with all the programs allready on it take about 18 Gigs so youll have about 40 gigs for both operating systems. Plus XP will take x-amount of space. So I would say if you are going to run that, id say get at least an 80 or just get an aftermarket hard drive to save money.

Anyway,
I'd definately just add a harddrive aftermarket and prolly save some money.
And get like 120 gig.

Thats just my opinion, take it or leave it.

All I know is my 80 gig drive has a real capacity of 74 gigs and I only got 56 when I got it. So use that as a reference to see if you will need more than that.

Hope I helped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
it works i have it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
it will work for sure but for obvious reasons if you are an avid music fan and take lots of digi pics like me, i would recommend going as big as possible. the one thing i do like about the new macbooks is that you can change your hard drive easily in the future whereas with my ibook i'm not to keen on doing so.

Reaction score
I hav a 60gb HDD. I only had 5gb spare for XP which is a shame, but my disk is getting pretty full (20gb itunes library, logic express and Adobe cs2 doesn't help) so if you can afford a bigger one, a 100gb drive would be ideal I'm thinking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.