Macbook 5.1 issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.8,1Gb,80Gb
I own a set of Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers. I really do not wish to purchase a whole new set of speakers for my yet to arrive macbook because of its one minijack. the only interface for the speakers is three mini cables which would usually plug into a pc soundcard. is there any kind of adapter to convert the three cables into one for the macbooks port?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
74YLOR3k said:
I own a set of Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers. I really do not wish to purchase a whole new set of speakers for my yet to arrive macbook because of its one minijack. the only interface for the speakers is three mini cables which would usually plug into a pc soundcard. is there any kind of adapter to convert the three cables into one for the macbooks port?

There is a semi-new soundcard out by Griffin that I believe offers the outputs you are requiring.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/firewave/more.php
The other option you have is to use an adapter that would split the macbook's optical digital output signal into analog outputs...but I dunno what you would use for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there is a solution to your answer but i dont remember the name of it, hopefully someone can remember it
-chris

OP
74YLOR3k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.8,1Gb,80Gb
snoslicer8 said:
There is a semi-new soundcard out by Griffin that I believe offers the outputs you are requiring.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/firewave/more.php
The other option you have is to use an adapter that would split the macbook's optical digital output signal into analog outputs...but I dunno what you would use for that.
thanks guys the product from griffin was precisely what I was looking for

B

bil2k

I have Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ultras that hooks up the same way as 74YLOR3k's speakers. A few related questions when using that Griffin sound card:

• Will iDVD play in 5.1 ?
  • Will iTunes upmix the stereo signal and feed it to the rear? ie, Stereo X 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.