Memory??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Hello

I have an Imac G5 (non intel) with isight.
I just got it back from being fixed (the problem it went in for to get fixed is fixed)
Anyway
When i loaded all my music and stuff on it I noticed when i restarted it, the music was gone from itunes but still on my computer. It would go back to like no one has every been on it (all the default settings for everything). It does this everytime I restart or switch off and on.

Please help me. I havent had my imac for 4weeks and its just come back 4 days ago and its broke :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Thanks in advance

WizzKid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Yeah the exact thing has happened to emac just now. I have already made a post about this. It's like you still have the same amount of used space on your hard drive but you can't find that data anywhere yeah?

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Wow wierd,
Yea that happens to me
SOMEONE HELP US!!!

G

Geowge

makwanad said:
Yeah the exact thing has happened to emac just now. I have already made a post about this. It's like you still have the same amount of used space on your hard drive but you can't find that data anywhere yeah?
I think the same thing happened to me. It said I only had 9 gb left, but I knew I had 100+. I fould the file that was supposedly 93 GB. I moved everything into a different folder, deleted the file, then restarted.

Is that's what your talking about, or am I way off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nah mate your off, we still have all of our files on our hard drive but cant seem to find em anywhere on our computer. It's like OS X has gone back to standard. Wizz are you using 10.4.7?

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yup I am indeed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think its a 10.4.7 bug... anyone else getting this problem?

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and how do u fix it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20", 2.0 GHz BlacBook
WizzKid said:
Hello

I have an Imac G5 (non intel) with isight.
I just got it back from being fixed (the problem it went in for to get fixed is fixed)
Anyway
When i loaded all my music and stuff on it I noticed when i restarted it, the music was gone from itunes but still on my computer. It would go back to like no one has every been on it (all the default settings for everything). It does this everytime I restart or switch off and on.

Please help me. I havent had my imac for 4weeks and its just come back 4 days ago and its broke :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Thanks in advance

WizzKid

So, if I read this correctly, the songs are still in the Library, or somewhere else on the hard drive, but the playlists in iTunes are empty? Have you told iTunes to find all music on the drive yet? That should do it. Or if you find all the songs, you should be able to drag-n-drop them back into iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats the thing we have been saying, we deffo know they are on the hard drive but they are nowhere to be seen in os x.

Reaction score
Maybe iTunes can't access the library folder. Try repairing disk permissions. (Spotlight: Disk Utility)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.