iLife '06 dmg problem

Reaction score
so i have a copy of iLife '06.dmg sitting on my desktop. iLife '06 was installed on my ibook, but now when i try to put the dmg file in the trash (or any other folder) it gives me the following warning message:

"Some of the items you are moving to are in use by another application. Moving the items can cause problems with the application using them. Are you sure you want to move these items?"
then it has two options: stop or continue
...and of course i always get scared of messing it up and always click 'stop'

i dont want this file on my computer anymore and i cant trash it, or move it from my desktop cause i get the same message all the time. I have tried using an external hard drive to cut and paste the file, but it just doesnt want to go away. It also wont be copied to the new location (external hard drive).

any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Restart the computer. When it boots back up if the image is still there you should just be able to trash it.

OP
W
Reaction score
baggss said:
Restart the computer. When it boots back up if the image is still there you should just be able to trash it.
thank you baggs, but i have tried this already...this file has been in my desktop for the past one or two months ... any one else other advise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have already installed iLife 06 and are not running any apps from the DMG file, trash it and click Continue. It shouldn't hurt anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
From your original post, it sounds like you are running iLife directly from the mounted .dmg file? You should not do this - copy them to Applications first and run them from there.

OP
W
Reaction score
well, the problem still persists ... no matter where i try to copy the file to, as soon as it is almost done copying the file to another location, the transfer stops and the file remains in the same location without copying itself to the new location....anymore suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.