New user here with a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
I have ClamXav and it has said that my inbox was infected with:

Trojan.Downloader.Small-1128 FOUND

Anyone know or have known of this trojan and how to get rid of it. I am using thunderbird as my mail and I had to go in and delete the inbox twice so far to get rid of it. Any other way to keep this thing out?

Thanks,
Dooglla

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
is your firewall turned on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's being sent to you in an e-mail. I would figure out what message it is and block that sender.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Yes my firewall is turned on...I have little Snitch. I think it is from a friend email that comes to me...I deleted the inbox again and it says it is clean. We will see next time he send something. Is there a way to rid it though without deleting the whole inbox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yeah: next time, just ignore it.

Your moronic antivirus software found a Windows trojan that someone sent you. That trojan posed no danger to your Mac, and could never have spread or caused any damage on its own.

The only way that trojan could have harmed anyone is if you had deliberately sent it to someone with a PC.

Yet another example of antivirus software doing more harm on a Mac than any virus ever did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't see how the antivirus caused any harm. It was the user not understanding what they were seeing. In the ClamXav forums it tells you how to deal with the issue of infected e-mails.

And don't be so sure he couldn't spread it. He very well could have forwarded whatever the e-mail was to someone else using windows. Just because it can't infect the Mac doesn't mean it's not worth stopping viruses wherever they are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.