Can I create a separate Rosetta Safari icon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I'm 3 weeks into my iMac now and one complaint I keep hearing from my kids is that there isn't any Shockwave on it for their games. So my quick research tells me that Shockwave isn't universal yet and needs to be run under Rosetta. I turned Rosetta on for Safari and downloaded Shockwave and installed it, but I definitely noticed the slowdown in Safari.

Is there any way I can create a separate version of Safari that always runs under Rosetta, but still have the native intel version as the default? I know its easy enough to turn Rosetta on, but if there's a way to put it on the dock it'll be easier still.

Reaction score
Maybe if there's an AppleScript Command to turn on rosetta for any app, someone knowledgeable enough could script a little app that launches Safari in Rosetta mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Get a PPC version of Safari from a PPC Mac and name it something like Safari PPC. Put them both in your Applications folder, the PPC version will run under Rosetta and the Intel native one will remain the default. If you don't have a PPC Mac let me know and I will send you a PPC version of Safari.

Reaction score
Why didn't I think of that?

But then .. you could also simply use Firefox for PPC of Camino. Easier to get.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.