just cannot decide on a black or white video ipod

i'm hankering for the black but feel deeply white is

more 'pure ipod.'

somebody tell me what to do - i took a vote in our house

and i was the only one who still thinks 'white'

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you should have made this a poll, it would have been easier to get the results faster and then read why, then just reading why...

But any way... I will have to go with the black, I very much like the way it looks, I went with the black and personally I feel its better on the eyes when watching a video (my mom has white, and it feels different when actually watching it)

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 might have a technical point there, depends on how much video you intend to use. I somehow can't relate to the iPod unless it's white, and even with the new shape I think it's weird. I like my 3G's "podginess" in my hand. Plus the clickwheel is ugly and gray. So the black is nicer in that respect.

If I'd need an mp3 player tomorrow, I'd buy the black. It's nice to see, and nowadays it can be frustrating to see white ipods everywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
the black looks good at first, but unless you get a case, it looks really disgusting when covered with fingerprints. get the black and buy a decent case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm an Apple purist....go with white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I have a black iPod. But I regret it...I like the white ones better =(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am with Schweb on this, White all the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Black. I have a black one and my wife has a white one. I like the uniqueness of the black.

Reaction score
I have a black one and like it very much. I think it looks better than the white one, but i would recomend the white because of one thing... fingerprints!! The black seems to show them quite well whereas the white doesn't.

Either way you gona like it... the sound quality coming from something that small is amazing.

Reaction score
I think you can see, this is just pure personal opinion playing out. I would suggest you head out to the store and hold each one in your hand for somewhat 10 minutes.

You'll decide eventually.

I

iRizzo

I bought a black one. And as soon as I took it out of the box, I installed an Invisible Shield on it. It looks brand new underneath(because it is), and it will continue to look that way for a long time. The black just looks so much better.

Reaction score
white will do a better job of picking up dirt from the thumb on the scroll wheel... fingerprints are a curse on the black, however using a soft cloth to remove these is a little easier and less risky than using a cloth and cleaning solution to remove fingerprints... i have black, and with the black surrounding, video looks much brighter and sharper vs. with the white...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Go U2! lol... i'm not kidding.

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
white

hey

i am now the proud owner of a white 5g

thanks for the posts

regards

p.s. black is also nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Well, I am a U2-addicted fan with 25 gigs of their stuff in my iTunes library... so I really want the U2, even though I have a 60 gig

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.