Fuji F10

A

Alvin Meister

After I've downloaded images from my Fuji F10 camera with OS X, next time I turn the camera on it says "Card Not Initialized' and I have to reformat it, losing my photos. This never happens on Win XP.

The card is a 512mb H type XD card. This is a really annoying problem - any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Do you properly "eject" the mass storage device before turning hte camera off or unplugging it? It should warn if you do, but I thought I'd ask. It's certainly a strange problem, moreso if all you are doing is reading from the card. Do you have iPhoto set to delete the pictures on import?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how are you transfering the pictures from your camera? are you using a program of any sort?

i have hooked up about 12 friends different cameras to my mac and they all work flawlesly. you must be doing something interesting to get this problem. describe what you are doing in perfect detail
-chris

OP
A

Alvin Meister

I plug in the camera, open 'Removable Disk', drag the Fuji100 folder containing the photos onto the desktop and then drag the 'Removable Disk' icon to the eject icon in the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I saw this article about the camera. A little dated, but there are some issues with Tiger it addresses. Wouldn't hurt. Here's another tidbit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Cheers for that. It might help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Alvin Meister said:
After I've downloaded images from my Fuji F10 camera with OS X, next time I turn the camera on it says "Card Not Initialized' and I have to reformat it, losing my photos. This never happens on Win XP.

The card is a 512mb H type XD card. This is a really annoying problem - any ideas?

Interesting - went to go buy my first digi camera at Best Buy tonight. I was looking at the Canons (I bought the Canon Powershot A540) and asked the salesguy if the camera was comp. with Macs. He said yes however he mentioned there was issues with Fuji cameras and Apples/Mac OS X. Anypoop I am happy with the Canon and have to say ComicLife is a fun and amazing program. I am enjoying my Macbook more than I could have imagined.

Keepin it Real
digitalfish

Reaction score
Got a Fuji s5000 and never had any problems with the cards. Did find out that you don't erase the cards with the computer tho, put it back in the camera and erase it.

You might have a defective USB cable. Have you tried using a card reader?

OP
O

oziii

Same Issues

I've had the exact same problems with my F10.

On my newish powermac (OSX 10.4.7) I find that it downloads pictures very slow and usually siezes up mid transfer to iPhoto (6.0.4). I then abort the transfer, try to eject the camera and it won't eject it.

The only option then is to pull out the USB cable which then gives me a 'failed to eject properly' message. Then I put the card back in the camera and it's not initialized.

The same problem happens using a card reader and have the same issue using two different XD cards so it's not a card problem either.

I have the latest firmware 1.02 so it's not that.

I just tried it on my old powerbook (OSX 10.4.7 with iPhoto 4.0.3) and it transfers images fast and allows me to eject the camera/card reader without a problem.

So it seems to me it COULD be an iPhoto issue? I'm not finding any other sites with information on this.

OP
O

oziii

Actually I just tried dragging photos from the card reader without iPhoto and had the same problem not being able to eject it - so it's not iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.