HP PSC 1410 printing funny colors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hey guys,
I recently purchased a new printer the HP PSC 1410 All In One printer, scanner and copier however i printed a photo the other day and it came out in funny colors. I had previewed and adjusted the colors and made the image how i wanted it within Photoshop CS2 and then selected to print it.

I changed the preferences of the printer to the paper i was printing on which was HP Everyday semi-gloss photopaper (since i was printing a photo i wanted it to look half decent) and then i pressed print.

The image did print with similar colors as to what it looked like on screen, like you could still see the picture but it looks like the colors are wrong. like it has a washed out look and you can see the ink dots in the lighter areas.

to give an example the original image was supposed to look like this:

and it printed out something similar to this:

^ this image i adjusted the curves within photoshop to duplicated aroudn about how it has printed.

now i went to the HP website and had a quick look around and found this
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ng=en&dlc=en&product=441115&docname=c00242019
^ but with that im not sure whether to do it or not since it wasnt 'printing more reddish'

when i do press print though i do get this popup display and am not exactly sure what it means:
picture44sg.jpg

i was wondering if anyone knows if it is just that particular paper that i was using or it will be a common occurance if i print via Photoshop?

thanks to anyone who can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Check the image in Photoshop and see if it is set to an RGB profile. If it is, try changing the color mode in to CMYK and then print it again.
Printers use CMYK, so once you change it to process color, the printer should handle the color profile better, and give a truer representation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.