require threads not be all caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
after seeing this thread title:
picture43xh.jpg

it's especally annoying when the thread is unread and bold...

Ive noticed that this is becomming rather annoying. Is there any way we can set vBulletin to not allow threads to be typed in all capital letters? I know this can be done, and I think MacForums could benifit from this useful feature!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
I think this particular thread title you are referring to is in CAPS because, the thread starter is trying to get the attention of a potential buyer. FS thread titles are usually like that on any board you go to. Heck, check out eBay. They suggest CAPS in the TITLE just for that very reason.

However, if the whole post IS IN CAPS LIKE SO... Yes, it is annoying. But the TITLE to be in CAPS shouldn't cause an issue. When selling something, you do want to catch the eye of a potential buyer as I said before.

I can understand what you mean. Many boards I go on have a few people that just don't turn off their CAPS-LOCK. It is an annoyance to see a whole post with several paragraphs in nothing but CAPS. But someone will always make a funny and great comment about their excessive use of the CAPS-LOCK button.

So i the end, I dont think a feature like that is reasonable or beneficial. The best thing to do is just say something to the thread starter about the whole post being in CAPS. It is kinda silly to see posts like that. It's like the person is screaming their comments. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I REALLY DONT THINKS CAPS LOCK IS A PROBLEM AT ALL. I REALLY DONT SEE WHAT IS SO ANNOYING. LOL I am just kidding around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
this is annoying, and I also believe that you have made a MAJOR mistake by trying to get around the censors, TTheInfamous1. Not only is it against forum courtesy but also against M-F's rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
BlindingLights said:
this is annoying, and I also believe that you have made a MAJOR mistake by trying to get around the censors, TTheInfamous1. Not only is it against forum courtesy but also against M-F's rules.

And this is the reason why I don't come on this board anymore. Because of childish remarks and snitches over NOTHING SERIOUS. Maybe you'll become an admin one day for your good deeds and brownie points. :) Enjoy. And if the mods aren't happy with it, then they can tell me. Not you!

Its not even a bad word. its used in family shows quite a bit. If it makes you happy son, I will fix it for you. Just so you and no one else is offended by this silly word. :rolleyes: And being a Police officer, I hear quite worse than that.

So ridiculous that you needed to point that out. I would have taken the consequences from the mods if they weren't happy with my wording. And not to mention, my word was not that topic in this thread. Try to stay on topic here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
That's enough of the personal fights.

Secondly, we do discourage all caps titles but there's no way with the board software to completely restrict them. I haven't really noticed a big problem with all caps titles either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
There is also no reason to leave this open with that said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.