World of Warcraft and Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Before you disregard this post, please, I know there have been a lot of these, however, I couldn't really find a specific answer. I need only one reply. It needs to be from someone with a macbook who has the minimal configuration (the $1,100) model. If this person or persons has a copy of World of Warcraft or plays World of Warcraft, I would really really appriciate it if he or she could simply let me know if it runs decently with all settings on low, but with the resolution on its native setting (the native resolution setting is key). Turning the color down to 16bit also helps a lot on my computer. So turn that down as well. Then if that person could just leave a message stating how the gameplay felt to the eye. I don't care if the FPS is at 20 or dips to 10. Just so long as it doesn't hinder you from playing the game and having fun.

The reason I ask this is because I really want a mac notebook, and the looks and size of the macbook really appeal to me. However I also noticed the refurb 15" pb g4's were down to $1,350 and I know they have a dedicate video card (this one is at 128mb) which I know would run the game decently. However this is a little bit more expensive and more than I wanted to spend. On the other hand, there is a compaq 14" brightscreen laptop at circuit city for $800 with an AMD turion (mobile 64 bit) processor and an integrated ATI graphics chip that was said to run even HL2 on low settings. The problem is that I like OS X more and I use (or used) and iMac at school for a lot of music recording and want to continue to use a mac. However, I would like it to be able to play World of Warcraft as well.

Thanks a lot.

Just as a side note, you can get FPS by hitting (Apple Key + r)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
well, I went for it, and it works decently running with the native resolution and everything on low. Everything loads very quickly, but it is a slight bit choppy. No complaints on my end. I know having 2 gigs of ram would help immensly as this video clearly demostrates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnSA-1ophR8&search=world of warcraft macbook

also search for how well a macbook plays HL2. It is very smooth!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.