• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Deep-sea fishing anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Just got back from Port Aransas after spending 8 1/2 hours on a charter boat in the Gulf. It was really tiring and we didn't catch anything. Anyone else done it? Got anything to show for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Went in Miama back a few years ago.... No pics but we caught alot... we took it back, had it cooked.... it was some good stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I go normal fishing all the time.
Never been deep sea fishing.
My fishing buddy has invited me though.
I think I will give it a shot.

OP
deus_ex_machina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
here a little video of it - you can see miserable fiancé in the foreground :eek:neye: there was audio but the mpeg was muxed and I didn't bother extracting it :p just imagine an annoyingly loud diesel engine.

View attachment deepsea.MOV.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ha well atleast shes not your miserable ex-fiancé... never been deep sea fishing, I hvnt really been anything except deep lake fishing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I did some out in Hawaii a few weeks back. Didn't catch anything but a gal I was with caught an Albatross by it's wing on a cast...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
baggss when were u in hawaii and what island? i'm here right now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
i've always wanted to go deep sea fishing, but i haven't had a chance. my dad used to do a lot of sport fishing in south florida and the caribbean before i was born. he used to have a marlin hanging on his bedroom wall when i was little. i think he had to give up fishing because of his back, so he never got to take me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
macAttack said:
baggss when were u in hawaii and what island? i'm here right now!

I was there about 3 weeks ago on business. Spent a few days on Oahu but did the fishing off the North coast of Kauai...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.