Im new to the Mac, is the Macbook ok for gaming?

M

mjm19876

I am not a real hardcore gamer but would like to play the Sims 2 and Halo, i really like the Black Macbook but they told me i would not be able to play the Sims on there because of the integrated card. Is this true because i read a review that i would be able to play these games. My question is how is the graphics card on the macbook? Or should i go with the pro even though i dont want to? Thanks matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
You might want to post this somewhere other than the images and graphic design, and digital photography area.

There may be better responses in the MACBook pro or if there is a gaming section. I dont play the games, so cannot be of help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Odin_aa said:
You might want to post this somewhere other than the images and graphic design, and digital photography area.

There may be better responses in the MACBook pro or if there is a gaming section. I dont play the games, so cannot be of help.
You may also want to search the forums before you repost this anywhere else.
There are already tons of threads about playing games on the MacBook that have answered this question many times.

Search here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/search.php?Array[Bsessionurl]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you're not that into gaming, the macbook should suffice for that occasional gaming itch.

It will run most things pretty well, newer games with intensive graphics (oblivion comes to mind) will only run with the detail level drastically scaled down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.