No sound from internet

M

Mike yayo

I have an intel imac and when i go on any internet browser i cant get any sound but i get sound on my desktop if i go in itunes or something, anyone know why??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what internet browser what are u trying to hear?

OP
M

Mike yayo

Firefox, safari, netscape and i cant hear myspace music or youtube videos, only thing i could hear was a quicktime putfile video maybe i need a windows plugin or something.

OP
M

Mike yayo

I think it has to do with Windows Type files everything not a mov. or from itunes i cant hear is there a download i need or plug in????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Oh. I know your problem. Here's a quick fix. Go into GarageBand and play around with the piano. Quit GarageBand and try to play sound from the internet. It should work.

OP
M

Mike yayo

OMG dude it actuallly worked i was thinking man this guy is crazy.. really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mike yayo said:
OMG dude it actuallly worked i was thinking man this guy is crazy.. really appreciate it.

No problem, haha.

Reaction score
Um. OK. Now may he reveal the wizardry applied to this ingenious magic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yogi said:
Um. OK. Now may he reveal the wizardry applied to this ingenious magic?

Sure, I had this same problem a month back. I googled for a solution, and it seems that Garageband changed the audio settings to Apple's default.

It might have been another app that modified the audio settings which disables sounds in flash or any other audio from your web browser.

- Your local magician.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.