Dead pod, looking into refurbished

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
so my pod died today (too much a abuse to mention, i got a year out of the sucker, and it definately tried its best for me.) anyways, are there any serious risks of buying a refurbished one? are they generally in new condition?

thanks

Reaction score
They are Apple-refurbished, so they will be in a perfect working condition, or a t least so much that you get a years warranty. They might have slight scratches or other traces of use, but it will work quite fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
My dad has a Refurb 30GB iPod Photo.
Lasted longer than mine. LOL :D

Reaction score
Hastings Music just advertised this past weekend a refurbed iPod 30gig for a net $199. I recall it was $229 less a $30 mail in rebate. I wonder where they get their refurbs from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
zal said:
so my pod died today (too much a abuse to mention, i got a year out of the sucker, and it definately tried its best for me.) anyways, are there any serious risks of buying a refurbished one? are they generally in new condition?

thanks

they will be in perfect working condition with maybe a scratch or two on it but it will look either brand new or like you owned it for one week. there is a long description of refurb processes on their website you should go find it will answer all your questions.

long story short: buy the refurb if you want to save a few bucks, there will be nothing wrong with it
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.